A lot has happened since I left my last two posts documenting my diet. I had another cholesterol test, which came back high once again. I scheduled a meeting to discuss taking a Statin drug. I have been pretty leery of taking any drug for the rest of my life if I could avoid it and since my diet is not always the best I certainly have room to improve it. After scheduling my appointment I started noticing some pain below my waistline on my left side(well i had been noticing some pain for a while, but thought it was a groin strain).
So on Sunday the 8th, we had a Masters swim meet at LT. It was a lot of fun to see everyone compete. Katy and Hillary both took on the 200free and did pretty well. I only swam in 3 relays and was actually swimming pretty fast for minimal training and believing that I had a hernia or something. 23.2 / 23.6 in my 50 free 26.11 in my 50 fly. All in all a fun day for everyone.
I went home that day and pretty much slept all day and then started having some really bad pains and stomach cramps after dinner. It hurt to pee and basically my whole digestive system was messed up. It was a miserable night, at points thinking I wanted to go to the hospital. All day the next day my stomach was pretty screwed up. I could barely eat. All the same digestive problems were going on. So on Tuesday I go to the Dr and blood work shows that my Kidneys are not functioning properly. I have blood in my urine. They are pretty sure I have a Kidney Stone.
A CT scan shows that there is nothing there. So either I passed it Sunday Or Monday(very possible) or it is something else. Ultrasounds and another blood test 2 days later show that everything is back to normal and I am left with what was diagnosed as Colitis, which we thought was related to taking high doses of Aleve for about a week when it was believed to be a muscle strain. I could barely eat all that week and really into the beginning of the next week. I went from about 215 to 197lbs in about 2 weeks. Now that is fighting the Bagel!
My current status is that I am still having some minor stomach issues(nuts, seeds and meat are not digestion friendly still). I am not taking a statin drug, but taking Niacin and Fish Oil and attempting to eat better.
No comments:
Post a Comment