Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Guilt got me there

At 7pm tonight I had decided to skip practice and lay on the couch. It was snowing out and Katy was in a sleeping bag watching TV getting over her illness. Doug called me and said he was not going to go to practice, as he has been sick. Hillary wasn't going. I thought that this would be an easy way to skip. As the minutes ticked by, all I could think about was how I rested all weekend and could I really do another blog posting without a workout?? I was starting to feel guilty and at 7:30 decided to just go. So as I sit here icing my ankle and typing this, just having eaten a healthy dinner and still feeling nauseated from that last 100 free I did, I am happy and proud of myself that I went.......

No bike today, that is my only regret. I did have physical therapy this morning and got a pretty rough ankle workout in so maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to just rest it. We discussed the pain I had been feeling in my ankle and she thinks I need to maybe dial it down at swim practice. Lately it has just felt so good to power through my butterfly sets, loving just going fast but I think the kick has been putting too much strain on my ankle. So tonight at practice, Zack and I decided to skip the IM main set and do his favorite 100 free set instead, since he wasn't feeling the IM set either(thankfully)

Fuel for the day:

8:45 - vanilla protein drink
10:00 - apple
12:45 - hotdog wrapped in cresent roll w/ cheese!, small bowl of chili(GREAT Lunch Lindsey!)
1:45 - 1/2 a KitKat
7:00 - piece of bread and a power gel
9:15 - Endurox r4
9:30 - Chili rubbed tilapia with asparagus and lemon
10:00 - piece of Dark Chocolate

Swim practice:

200 free
4x75 kick/drill/swim
200 pull
---------------------
5x100 free on 1:25 (held 1:09's)
50 easy
4x100 free on 1:20 (held 1:09's)
50 easy
3x100 free on 1:15 (held 1:04's)
50 easy
2x100 free on 1:10 (held 1:04's)
50 easy
100 free for time off the blocks (:56!!!)
---------------------
200 easy


Total yardage: 2600

5 comments:

aaron schmidt said...

"9:30 - Chili rubbed tilapia with asparagus and lemon"

recipe please

Steve said...

Most of our dinners these days are from "Eating Well" magazine

Unknown said...

well done brother - don't over exert your ankle! I am updating our gdoc again. It is easier for me to keep track. 2 days in the gym this week. Tomorrow will be dumbbell swings, renegade rows, push ups and shoulder press from home.

Anonymous said...

Thank god that set was not the actual set. Those times were insane. 56!!! Nice!!!

Anonymous said...

Your dinners sound awesome. Way to push through. I know it is easy to use illness and injury as an excuse and you definitely have it as an excuse right now but you are hard core. I look forward to our running season brother!

Grande nonfat caramel macchiato
1 red machine Naked smoothie
green/pomegranate tea
Spanish rice, black bean and low fat cheese and sour cream mixture in flour wrap
2 dark chocolate Hershey’s kisses
8 almonds and 8 pretzels
1 banana
½ cup Kashi Cinnamon harvest cereal
Double baked potato made with 1 TBS low fat cheese and broccoli
Eye of round steak seasoned with salt and lawry’s pepper
½ bottle of Heineken

Work out:
30 side sit ups (hurt my tailbone doing sit ups on cement yesterday)
1 minute stretch
1.5 minute walking warm up
8.5 minute run at about 7 ½ minute mile pace
5 minutes on Ellyptical at RPM between 70-80
3 minute walk cool down
3 minute stretch

weight: 105 lbs