I had a bad week of training. I have been getting paranoid that I am getting injured from running. I have been feeling a little pain in my left foot(old injury that lead me to PT) but it is so minor I figured I would just rest it a little bit this week. Then I got sick and was in bed for thursday and friday. I did have one good swim practice this week worth talking about. For the first time bilateral breathing didn't feel awkward. It actually felt natural and I think I was covering more distance per stroke by doing it properly. This was the first time I have ever believed that I could actually race like this. Very exciting progress.
Today we did the Campton Hills to Sycamore loop. about 50 miles in total. Katy, Aaron, Tom, Kevin and I did the ride. It was way out of Katy's comfort range but she rode really strong today and was very impressive on the bike. Tom rode it fixed 40/16 with no brakes. It was the first road ride he has done in a long time and loved it. He couldn't wipe the smile off his face. Aaron proved to be the strongest climber which was no surprise since everything we were climbing today barely could be considered a climb compared to Portland. I was a little worried after being away from the bike for so long and fresh off an illness that I wouldn't have the speed anymore. I felt really strong today but my legs were pretty gone by the end of the ride. I still have a good top end and am getting more and more excited for the bike portion of the triathlon.
Feeling better now and ready for a good week of work and training......
No comments:
Post a Comment