We arrived in Cocoa Beach, FL for the wedding on Tuesday and after checking in to our hotel, Katy and I went to the fitness room. We did 30 minutes on the treadmill at an incline(about 3.5 miles) and then went through a core/strength routine. Reps of dumbell presses, fly's, lateral raises and curls. For the core we did, leg raises, slide ups, rightside left side crunches, bicycles and planks.
No exercise on Wednesday as our day was filled with wedding activities.
On Thursday we arrived at Vero Beach and after the thunderstorms rolled through we ran the beach for 30 minutes(3 miles we will call it) doing some interval work and easy jogging between.
On Sunday I went out for a 40 minute run workout coached by Lance Armstrong. I got through the 8 minute warm up and was not feeling good. During the first 4 minute interval, I realized that today was not the day for this so i turned off the workout and put on some Alexi Murdoch as well as shut down my GPS and just decided to run and see what happened. I got to Wolf road on the trail(my normal turnaround at about 4.7miles roundtrip) and kept going to Ogden and then kept going to Laidlaw school. I was feeling surprisingly good so I ran to McClure JRHS. I could tell i was going to be hurting if I kept going at my run pace so I walked about 5 blocks drinking some water and had a few shot blocks then picked it back up to a run until I got back. I am not sure how long I was gone but I did cover about 7 miles, my longest run ever.
I got a terrible night sleep last night, finally falling asleep when the sky was starting to get faintly bright, so I slept in until about 8am instead of going to swim practice. Scott was not happy with me(sorry) but that was the last thing I needed to be doing in the morning. So I got up and worked on some drawings and estimates for a while with the TDF on the TV. Big Day for Lance! Very tactical and AWESOME! Then I headed off to my jobsite since the subs weren't coming until thursday now and got some things crossed off my list to do. When I got home I did a circuit of lifting and core work for about 40 minutes.
Katy got on the bike trainer when she got home to watch the TDF so I got out the rowing machine and cranked out a 5000m row doing 250m intervals for the middle 1500m. I was cranking at about 1:45-1:50/500m on the intervals and feeling really strong. I need to do another 500m for time. I'm pretty sure I can drop some time with the conditioning i am in right now. I am terrified to try though as it was one of the most grueling things I have ever done.
No comments:
Post a Comment