Thursday, July 23, 2009
Monday
At about 6pm I was feeling a little antsy and needed to go on a ride. So I loaded the Moots up with 2 niterider lights (1W LED) and 1 cateye blinker up front and a rear light on the seatpost. I left around 6:45pm and decided to head to Batavia where I could refuel at Kline's and then head home. I made a few wrong turns on the way but did explore Blackwell which was pretty beautiful as the sun was setting. I got to Batavia after about 40 miles of riding, most of which was about 18mph. Sarah, Chris and little Jack were up watching the TDF coverage(about 9:15pm). I snagged a few granola bars and a rice crispy treat from there pantry, refilled my waterbottles and headed out for about 35 miles of dark trail riding home. It was fantastic! I had a few random wildlife interactions(skunk almost got me) and I busted up a highschool party outside of Wheaton. I got home around 11:45. It was my longest ride of the season so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment