Friday, June 26, 2009

Beat up

I woke up today feeling pretty beat up. My body just felt tired. So I just did a little over an hour in the pool, to let myself rest and recover.

1000 - (5x200) odds 3,5,7,pretty / evens no fly IM

then we did vertical fly kicking in a streamline position as well as vertical free kicking. I even did a few with a 10 lb diving brick. My legs were really burning. We then moved on to arm sculling on our backs with our knees to our chest. After about 20 minutes of this we move on to:

20 x 50 kicking with fins
  • fly kick on back
  • backstroke kick
I was going last and giving the person in front of me 15 seconds space and then would sprint kick until I caught them and easy kicked the rest of the way. I had fun doing that but it hurt also.

I pulled myself out at that point. I certainly could have finished the practice but i felt I needed to rest a bit.

No comments: