500 free on 7:00 (I went first in the lane and got passed at the 300 mark)
400 IM no fly on 6:30 ( I went 4th in the lane and stayed strong)
300 back on 4:30 (4th and still strong)
200 breast on 4:00 ( started to struggle as I always do with breaststroke)
100 fly on 2:00 ( i got through it better than a lot of them)
10 x 100 free
- odds on 1:20
- evens on 1:30
- the interval was too fast, Scott said it was his fault. It destroyed a lot of us. I was flipping right into the next 100 after about 4
- odds free kick with sculling to breathe
- evens fly kick on back
- Now I am a pretty solid swimmer when it comes to kicking, but I got lapped with 2 50's to go (I am now toast)
- odds 1:25
- evens 1:30
- I couldn't even finish the set and pulled myself out of the water with about 3 to go. 7:45am and practice was over for me..................

In the Afternoon, I did a circuit of high rep, low weight dumbell lifting:
2x20 press(on the ball)
2x20 flies(on the ball)
2x20 lateral raises(standing slightly bent over)
2x20 curls(standing)
2x20 tricep kickbacks(one arm on ball)
Then I went on about a 2.5 mile run. My GPS failed me because I had it in my hydration belt and i guess it got poor reception in there, so I won't be posting the screen shot of the course. I basically tried to run the trail but it was still flooded so i just did a loop of LGP. I ran the first 2 miles(about a 8:15 pace is my best guess) and walked the last half mile. It was brutally hot out(5:30pm) and I went through all my water (16oz). I am pretty sure I would be lying on the side of the road somewhere if I hadn't of brought it.
I also had a nice conversation with Coach Walker. We discussed my dryland training schedule and what I should be doing. I am going to do an additional core day on Saturday and then do some high rep work on Tuesdays and Fridays. While I joke about "failing" today, I am actually quite proud of what I am doing. I am really getting in great shape and forming habits that I can't imagine disappearing.
"Get busy living or Get busy dying"
4 comments:
That's brutal. I would have cried when he announced the last set of 100's.
"Steve failed" LOL.
Swan I bet you could have kept up.
Steve I'm impressed. Thank god tomorrow's Wednesday, huh?
Well Done Brother. Perhaps you should have signed up for the full one!
While Wednesday has no swimming involved, it is going to be a tough day.
Post a Comment