Well..........4900 yards today. For the first time since college, I feel like I should have my shoulders packed in ice. I did much better today than yesterday, but I still could not get though the whole workout with out crumbling. The beginning today focused on distance swimming and making us aware of our stroke counts. I stayed pretty consistant with 29-31 strokes per 50 yards. Then we picked up the pace with some all out sprinting. I pretty much fell apart after that. My body update for the day: I ripped open some of my blisters from yesterday and got some new ones, YEAH! I also have on each shoulder a raw area where my chin would rub against my shoulders while i breathe. I guess I am going to need to shave before practice? either that or I need to keep my technique together!
1000 yard swim (per hundred :3p12k,5p12k,7p12k,reg)
3 times:
2 x 50 dps counting
2x 100 dps counting
1 x 200 dps counting
10x 100 on 1:40
#1 1st 25 all out
#2 2nd 25 all out
#3 3rd 25 all out
#4 4th 25 all out
#5 ALL OUT
repeat
20 x 50 IM order on the :50 ( i fell apart here after the first 50 fly, I was blown)
After work today I went on my scheduled 3 mile run with Doug. We ran about 2.5 miles of it and overall it felt pretty good. The pace was on the slow side but I wanted to try to stay fresh for tomorrow's 5 miler. Tomorrow is also a big milestone, I will have run over 50 miles this season! Thankfully on Wednesdays there is no morning swim practice!
No comments:
Post a Comment