Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Overcoming My Deformity


I don't know what is happening to me, but I am obsessed with running right now! Never in my life have i enjoyed it so much. It is so pure and straightforward. I even starting to enjoy running with out music, you become so in tune with your body and your breathing. I had a 5 miler scheduled for today but I had mechanical shoe failure 2 days ago and I went to the Cfoot today and got some new kicks(yesterdays new ones are going back) So I decided to run 2 miles and then go on a bike ride with Tom. I ran pretty casually for the first few blocks and was feeling great so I started running pretty fast. The next thing I knew I had run a 7:15 mile! Now I was pretty winded, but it was for sure one of the fastest miles I have ever run in my life ( I vaguely recall a 6:45 in gym class but it might have been a 7:45). After that I switched off jogging and running fast the rest of the way home.

Then Tom and I rode to 290 and back, with a lot of fast, strong efforts along the way. I was doing a lot of hammering on the flats at 25-29mph. I love riding fast though one of the efforts almost made me puke. "Money in the bank" I can't wait for my withdrawal at the Chicago Tri. Not to mention some Chicago Cyclocross Cup races this year!!!

No comments: