Thursday, March 20, 2008

Peroneal Tendonosis?


"Degenerative tears (tendonosis) are usually due to overuse and occur over long periods of time—often years. In degenerative tears, the tendon is like taffy that has been overstretched until it becomes thin and eventually frays."

Well, the sports medicine doctor i saw today is theorizing that i have a problem with my Peroneus Tendon.(Damn Deformity!!??!?!) I have an MRI scheduled for next week which should hopefully show if and where any problems might lie. The problem lies in the prognosis........There is a chance I may need surgery(odds are not, thankfully) but this type of problem can take a YEAR OR MORE to heal! Ughhhh.

So as of right now, I have been banned from running(except for right before the MRI) and this may lead to ending my running(ie triathlons) for the year. Not a total loss, since I will have the Moots to play with soon, but disheartening none the less. I guess it may be time to focus on the 25K open water swim in Indiana this summer now instead!

So it will be probably 2 weeks before I know anything, stay tuned.....

3 comments:

-TAH said...

Damn. That must be why the sirens were going off in Downers last night.

Best of luck with this -- I hope it's just a tweak and nothing more...

Steve said...

I'm pretty sure that those sirens were Alien related, but we will never know the truth on that one.

Mike said...

Always get a second opinion....maybe even a third...

Hang tough brother, it will all come together when the time is right...

Listening to our bodies isnt always easy...that the way we were programmed as OCD endurance types.