I am going to use this blog to document my training for 2008. As you can see the Google calendar to the left is set up for my full season and I will be adding in more detail for each workout day over the next month.
My 2008 competition schedule is as follows:
"A" Races:
Accenture Chicago Triathlon Olympic Distance August 24th
BigShoulders 5K swim Sept 7th
"B" Races
Run For the Roses 5K
Tower Trot 10K
Spirit of Racine 1/2 Distance July 20th
Chicago TT series (no date set yet)
There is one other potential race, but I will have to see how my year progresses; Chicago Marathon. Odds are I will not be doing it, but I am not ruling it out yet.
So with all that said today was Day 1 back in the water at Lyons Masters. You would think that after all the carbo-loading I have been doing (10,000 holiday cookies counts right?) I would be ready to go, but today's practice was just brutal(considering the shape I am in)! I haven't worked out since sometime in October. I felt horribly weak, but the good news is my ankle held up fine(we will see what tomorrow brings).
Day 1 back in the pool went like this:
--------------------------------
500 swim
200 drill
Main set:
25 fly - :30
25fly/25back - 1:00
25fly/25back/25breast- 1:30
100IM - 1:45
50fly/25back/25breast/25free - 2:00
50fly/50back/25breast/25free - 2:30
50fly/50back/50breast/25free-3:00
200IM-3:30
repeat, except all free on same intervals
2x4x25free sprint cycle :45
100 easy
---------------------
I did a 1:10 for my 100 free and a 2:30 for my 200 free. My stroke was so short and tight. Rough day!
I weighed in this morning @ a whopping 212lbs!
No comments:
Post a Comment