Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Feeling Fast Again!

8:30 - Chocolate Banana Protein Shake
10:00- cottage cheese and pineapple
11:30- left over chicken and mushroom pasta
2:00 - PB&J sandwich
5:30- chocolate almond granola bar
7:30 - strawberry kiwi Accel Gel(first use, good flavor, little more fluid than Powergel)
9:15- Endurox R4 and a few bites of Basmati Rice and Curry Casserole(Thanks Lindsey! Pretty Good!)
10:00 - Black Bean Croquettes with fresh salsa and corn tortillas and a beer

Swim Practice:

500 Free
---------
6 x 150 free on 2:30
1-kick
2-drill(rt down/left back- 1 pull/12 kick)
3-pull
repeat
---------
14 x 75 free on 1:15
odds - 25 build/50 easy
evens - 50 build/25 easy
---------
6 x 50 on :50
back/free

The "switch" has been flipped! I feel fast again, well at least for the shorter distances. I still need some endurance for the longer swims, but it sure is nice to feel good in the water again. I really worked my turns and push offs trying to keep a strong dolphin kick off the wall. I haven't been able to do this because of my ankle and today I felt no pain in the water, thankfully. Plenty of icing tonight though just in case.

2 comments:

Dar said...

Nice work. I'm still feeling pretty weighed down by the Holiday pounds, but getting there thanks to 5.5 miles on the bike, 2 miles on the treadmill, and some circuit lifting 6 days a week. I need to get back into the pool though and don't think joining the gym is worth it. How much is the Masters, where is it at, and is there a slow lane?

http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?CHECKSSO=1&RESET=0&EVENT_ID=1487411

Dar said...

And I apparently can't figure out how to make an address a hyperlink either.